Illinois Technical Assistance Program
The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program
The Illinois Tollway Technical Assistance Program is designed to prepare established transportation-related construction firms including disadvantaged, minority- and women-owned business enterprise firms (D/M/WBE) veteran-owned small businesses as well as small businesses to participate as prime contractors on highway and vertical construction contracts.
Participants will receive comprehensive, customized business development assistance to build financial understanding and business plan development for increased business stability and growth in the transportation-related construction industry. Services are customized to the assessed strengths, challenges and needs of participating firms. This includes education, guidance and feedback on general business and construction-specific operations, including strategic planning and assistance with the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) pre-qualification application.
CURRENTLY ENROLLING FOR FALL/WINTER OF 2018
CLASSES START AUGUST 7TH 2018
CLASS SCHEDULE & LOCATION
TUESDAY AND THURSDAYS, 5-9 PM
AUGUSTINE COLLEGE-AURORA CAMPUS 841 N Lake St Aurora, Illinois 60506
WHO SHOULD APPLY:
Level 2: Established business; some experience with bidding on the Tollway or other transportation agency contracts; previously awarded Tollway or other transportation agency work as subcontractors; ready to receive assistance to participate on the Tollway work as a prime contractor.
- Five years in business
- At least $450,000 in revenue annually
- Subcontracting experience on major highway, road, bridge or vertical construction projects
- Moderate to proficient computer skills
- Proficient in blueprint reading, general documents and specifications
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a completed Technical Assistance Program application
- An assessment will be conducted to determine applicant’s needs and review program guidelines.
- A technical assistance plan will be developed to assist participants with business needs.
Applicants who do not meet program criteria will be referred to recommended Technical Assistance Providers.